Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Edu Blogger

So for my edublogger portion of this course I have been following George Couros because - let’s face it George is fun, exciting, and most importantly - pretty much the principle that we would all like to work for. One of the things I love about George’s site: The Principle of Change - is that he spends a lot of time both talking about his own personal experiences and about creating positive communities. I think really his message is all about community - whether it’s online or in his school.
I remember one of my favourite posts from his site was on the topic of principles and what makes a good principle. He quoted one teacher who said that they loved their principle because they 'stayed out of her way'. George then commented on how he felt the principles most important job was not simply 'getting out of the way' but that he felt principles should set the goals and atmosphere for a school. That really resonated with me because it’s a powerful idea - one that he has clearly accomplished in his school. Without his vision of bringing tech into the 'school' instead of just the 'classroom' I doubt every teacher would be using tech to the extent they are today.
For me I think I will continue to ready The Principle of Change because George not only has a lot of great ideas - but he also advocates for change is such a positive manner.
If you want to check out The Principle of Change check out: http://georgecouros.ca/blog/

2 comments:

  1. Your articles are really fit authorized and incomparable.
    ppi claims

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deep you dig into the subject and give us the accurate data is appreciable.
    ppi claims

    ReplyDelete